Sunday, December 21, 2008

Top 3 New Magazines

WIRED, GOOD Magazine, and Fast Company are my three new favorite print magazines of 2008. They report on business, technology, popular culture, politics, social entrepreneurship, and other cool stuff "millenials" are said to like (that's the only term I've heard that I actually like in reference to the generation to which I belong).

Check out the January 2009 issue of WIRED Magazine. When you get it, look for an article by Chris Hardwick; he writes on time management and summarizes the advice from three popular time management titles, and he does it with humor and wit. I'm his newest fan.

I was so impressed I emailed him post-haste (I use that phrase whenever possible; it reminds me of that cartoon character who says, "Exit, stage left even," and he jets off the scene); much to my suprise, he responded kindly and wished me well.

His analysis of the three methods is from the perspective of a freelancer (he does voice work for a cartoon, stand-up comedy, writes a blog ( http://www.nerdist.com/ ), and several other things I can't remember), so he faces a lot of the same stuff I do.

If you do any freelance work/entrepreneurship--or if you wan to--reading this article is 15 minutes well spent.


WIRED MAGAZINE
GOOD MAGAZINE
FAST COMPANY MAGAZINE

No comments:

Post a Comment